The Montgomery County Homeownership II Program – Down Payment Assistance
Montgomery County recently launched a follow-up mortgage program called the Montgomery Homeownership II Program. Eligible home buyers can get up to $25,000 in Down Payment Assistance for use all over Montgomery County, Maryland.
This program existed earlier in 2017 with different home buying incentives, and the available County funds were exhausted quickly. Here’s how to get started right now in a Free Workshop:
The Montgomery Homeownership Program is structured as a 0% interest, deferred payment loan for your Down Payment. You pay it back when you sell the home in the future, and no interest has accrued. This type of Down Payment Assistance is very popular. Here’s how the Montgomery Homeownership Program works:
- You can get up to $25,000 in Down Payment & Closing Costs Assistance per household
- The total assistance you are eligible for (up to $25,000 maximum), is calculated based on 40% of your household income
- You can not have owned a home in the last 3 years. This requirement is waived if you are a military veteran or if the home you are buying is in what is called a Targeted Area of the county
- The Down Payment Assistance is structured as a 0% interest, deferred payment loan. This loan is issued in conjunction with a 30 year fixed rate mortgage through the Maryland Mortgage Program (MMP)
- There are income limits for eligibility based on your household size. For 1-2 person households it can be up to $130,320 per year. Get the other current limits now
This program is available in 2017 – 2018 or until County funds are exhausted.